Yoast SEO plugin helps me to achieve success in the field of blogging! I love to use the Yoast SEO plugin in my WordPress blogs due to some hidden vital reason which I discussed below. Also, I share my knowledge about “how to use Yoast SEO plugin like a professional to attract maximum organic traffic towards my blogs“.
I love to save the time, doesn’t matter it’s your or my own! So let’s come to the point.
WHAT IS YOAST SEO PLUGIN ?
I’m not going to lecture you for a long time on the Yoast SEO plugin. My answer is always based on my experience and practical ( I hate theoretical speeches ).
SEO means Search Engine Optimization. SEO enabled blog post means the blog post which contains the accurate words, design and other things like linking, alt tag etc which are acceptable by a search engine bots.
Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin helps me to do the job perfectly. Yoast knows what a search engine loves and what not. So I’m not thinking about SEO while writing any blog post. I appoint an assistant called “Yoast SEO Plugin” to thinking about SEO of my blog post and I solely trust him.
HOW TO INSTALL YOAST SEO PLUGIN ?
Yoast SEO Plugin is available at free of cost in WordPress platform.
Click on Plugin Menu from your WordPress Admin panel.
- Step 1: Click on ADD NEW button
- Step 2: Search for “Yoast SEO“
- Step 3: Click on INSTALL and wait to appear ACTIVATE button, when its appear do it.
YOAST SEO PLUGIN – SETUP TUTORIAL
Yoast plugin has 4 different vital section to be set up. Here I guide to set up one by one.
- General – Yoast SEO
- Search Appearance – Yoast SEO
- Search Console – Yoast SEO
- Social – Yoast SEO
General – Yoast SEO SET UP
In the General section of the Yoast plugin nothing much to go into the Dashboard tab. But I recommend to set up the Features tab. This is the initial source of the power of SEO.
- SEO analysis – Should be on. It allows the yoast plugin to analyze your blog content.
- Readability analysis – Should be on. It allows the Yoast to analyze the structure, content, and visibility of the blog post.
- Cornerstone content – Should be on. This feature helps you to set priority between posts and pages.
- Text link counter – I enable it to count the total link ( internal and external ) in my blog post. This feature helps me to beware from overlinking.
- XML sitemaps – Must be On! This is one of the main features of Yoast SEO WordPress plugin. By enabling it you can automatically create a sitemap_index.xml file in your root directory which helps Google to index your blog content frequently.
Here is the SiteMap link of my blog COMPUTER VEDA which helps you knowing about the Yoast SiteMap appearance.
Others are not as vital as that. I turn it on for my blogs.
The tab Webmaster Tool allows me to verify my blog by Baidu, Bing, Google and Yandex search engine. I never use this feature, because at the time of uninstalling ( if needed ) my blog needs to verify again by search engines. I verify my blogs manually, which is permanent. If you don’t know how to do it, the given link in the below helps you to do it.
Search Appearance – Yoast SEO TUTORIAL
Here I only focused on those sections which are valuable for a professional blogger. Some features I ignored due to the lower priority.
General Tab: In the General tab of the Search Appearance section, I just select the Title Separator, nothing else. It helps me to divide the Title between two parts in Search Appearance.
Content Types: In the Content Types Tab, you can set up post and page content appearance by following these steps,
Settings for single Post URLs, all buttons should be on state and do the same with “Settings for single Page URLs”. But, all the button should be off position in “Settings for single Template URLs”. Because I don’t like to allow search engines to index my saved templates.
Media: The next tab is media tab. I permit search engines to collect my media details and index them. So I turn it On.
Taxonomies: In the Taxonomies tab, I only enable Category indexing, because I hate to index Tags and Format. Also use “Remove the categories prefix” as the remove state.
Archives: In Archives Tab, I decebled all the buttons. I only give the priority to Page, Post and Media, nothing else. you can turn all the buttons on if you wish to index Archives.
Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs are nothing but a better appearance of the URL. Search engines easily can catch the page/post URL with the help of Breadcrumbs features. I make it on forever to help to index my blog posts by the search engines.
Search Console – Yoast SEO Setting
In this section, you can connect your Yoast SEO plugin to Google Search Console data and keep eyes on Google Search Console information from your WordPress dashboard.
I love to use Google Search Console directly where I can manage lots of information, so I disabled the button. You can turn it on as your requirement.
Social – Yoast SEO Setting Tutorial
Here you can add your Social page links. But not too much helpful.
WHY I STILL USE YOAST SEO WORDPRESS PLUGIN ?
I have 5 unique reasons, that’s why I still use the Yoast SEO plugin. If I express them all in one sentence, that is “Google like the working technique of Yoast SEO plugin, So I love it!”
- Automatically create the sitemap XML file which is fully optimized and high sensitive.
- The Yoast SEO plugin is free! You can purchase the premium version, but don’t need it.
- Other SEO plugins can’t provide lots of features like Yoast.
- Yoast SEO team personally helps me while I faced any issue about SEO.
- And the last but not the least is “every professional blogger use Yoast SEO plugin for their blog SEO”.
Browse more Blogging Resources:
6 Easy Steps To Choose A Domain Name
How To Start A Blog On WordPress In 2019
High Quality Web Hosting In Your Budget
Top 3 Christmas Web Hosting Deals in 2019
Yoast Seo Tutorial – Use It Like A Pro
Top Google Adsense Earners In India (2019)
Why Do You Need To Start A Money Making Blog
Why Bloggers Are Crazy About SEMrush
List of WordPress Plugins I Still Use
How I Earn Money From Affiliate Marketing
Top 7 Ways to Make Money Blogging
How To Make Your Blog Popular
How To Get Traffic From Facebook For Free
How To Make Money From AdSense
9 Ways To Monetize YouTube Channel
The Benefits Of Facebook Advertising
9 Steps To Becoming A Successful Blogger
Tips To Increase Your Adsense Earnings
Managed Vs Unmanaged Hosting – Review
Types Of Hosting Services
Steps To Choose A Web Hosting Service
11 Ways To Earn Money Online In India